Ways to Donate
Ways to Donate
CASA of Humboldt relies on donations from generous individuals, organizations and businesses to provide much needed support and advocacy for foster children in our community. There are many ways that you can support Humboldt CASA to help ensure that no child has to navigate the foster care system without a voice and a supportive, consistent adult by their side.
Ways to donate:
1. Click here to make a secure donation online.
2. Contact our Development Director, Chelsea Brown by phone at (707) 443-3197 ext. 206 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a donation.
3. Mail your donation check to us at CASA of Humboldt located at 2356 Myrtle Avenue in Eureka, CA 95501.
4. Click here for more information about becoming a monthly or quarterly donor.
5. Click here to shop with AmazonSmile. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon purchases to CASA of Humboldt whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
6. Click here to learn more about including CASA of Humboldt in your will or estate plans.
7. Click here for more information about eScrip. Register your debit or credit card for eScrip and when you shop at participating businesses with that card, a portion of your purchases will be donated to Humboldt CASA!
In 2016, CASA of Humboldt provided advocates for 127 children in Humboldt County. These caring advocates made an enormous impact in the lives of children in our community who have been abused, neglected, and abandoned.
A future decided by strangers
Over half of the children living in foster homes in Humboldt County, do not have a CASA. Imagine showing up to court and not knowing a soul. Worse yet, imagine being too young to speak for yourself in court and having complete strangers decide your future.
Now imagine having someone by your side who knows you and your story very well, who cares about you and has the strength to speak out and fight on your behalf. Imagine how empowering it is to have an advocate, who’s not even getting paid, but there only to help you succeed. Having a CASA by your side can make the difference between despair and hope.
CASA volunteers provide stability and hope
Studies show that CASA advocacy creates stability in a child’s life. Children who have a CASA are more likely to receive needed services, have fewer placement changes, spend less time in foster care, and are half as likely to return to the foster care system.
CASA of Humboldt is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible. CASA of Humboldt’s Tax-ID number is 68-0243040.